Thursday, February 7, 2013

#dragonated

So, dragons are terrifying. 

FALSE. 

I think they're just misunderstood. 

Now, I know what you're thinking - "But Clair, dragons eat people and wreak havoc on tiny villages filled with soft-spoken, simple townsfolk." 

I offer you this - Maybe homeboy was just having a bad day. I do the same thing when I don't get my nap. 

And maybe, just maybe, nobody took the time to say, "Hey dragon, why are you so angry and terrible today?" And perhaps he might say, "Well, my roommate recently moved out, and he promised he'd stay through the month so now I'm stuck in this lease having to pay the rent all by myself, and I don't have a job. I mean, I'm a dragon. Do you know how many people hire dragons? I'll tell you how many - NONE. Apparently, there's all these "risk" fees for the customers. Something about me possibly "eating" them or "setting things on fire." I mean, that happens SOMETIMES. But not ALL THE TIME. Cut a dragon some slack, man, you know?" And then they could say, "Yeah, dragon. I know."

And just like that - emotional dragon bomb diffused. 

But on the off chance that you're up against a truly ill-tempered dragon that simply cannot be consoled, you have to be prepared to fight him. Therefore, I give you: CLAIR'S 1000 (or 4) SURE-FIRE (Ha!) WAYS TO DEFEAT A DRAGON.

1) Sunscreen. Preferably SPF 9000. 
2) Legs. These will assist in running/dodging/general movement.
3) A massive sword. You will use this to kill the dragon. 
4) A dragon. Otherwise, these other items serve no purpose. Especially the legs. 

Equipping yourself with these things, as well as, an iPod that will play "I Got the Power" on repeat will most certainly bring you dragon-slaying success. 

So, why give you all this vital and completely applicable information on slaying dragons? Obviously, it's something that you absolutely need to be prepared for and will definitely, without a doubt, scientifically proven (probably) happen to you. 

OR it's because of something my Hebrew homeboy Hosea was talking about this morning, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." - Hosea 4:6 (AMP version) 

Clearly, Hosea knows exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't, then allow me to CLAIRify. (See what I did there?)

Everyday, we go up against dragons of our own. They come at us, being all giant and dragon-like, breathin' fire, eatin' people up, and we don't stand a chance against them. UNLESS, we possess the knowledge of what we're up against and what we're capable of doing to defeat it. If we can't look at something and define it, understand it, then we're powerless against it. 

Another translation of Hosea reads, "My people are being destroyed because they don't know me [God]." - Hosea 4:6 (NLT) 

Here's the thing. If we don't know who or what we're up against, and we don't know who we have behind us and what He's capable of doing, we end up in endless, tiring battles with few victories. When you go up against that dragon, you have to understand what he is, and you have to look to that sword in your hand (the Word of God) and understand what it's capable of doing. 

When we begin to possess that knowledge, to truly own it for all that it is, only then does the great and mighty dragon meet its untimely end at the point of our raised swords that have been passed down from the kings of old to finally find their rest in the hands of us - young pilgrims of virtue and steadfast hearts - the hope of our kingdom - the saviors of the land - the heroes of myth and lyric - the dragon slayers. 

We got the power. 

Kbye.

#dragonated

No comments:

Post a Comment