Thursday, February 7, 2013

#Holy[feat.]Spirit

So, I took a little trip to Rome today - ANS, that is. (Romans - get it?) And I came across a little something bout that Heavenly Ghost we got following us around all the time. 

"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don't even know what we should pray for nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groaning that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will." - Romans 8:26-27

Obviously, I started thinking about American Idol. If I was on the show, I would totally make it to the finale, right? America would have fallen in love with me because of my incredibly moving renditions of various Lil Wayne songs turned piano ballads. 

So, I'd perform my final original song - the hit inspirational single "Dream Stars Are Within Our Reach of Dreaming [N3v3r St0p Dr3aming] ft. Justin Bieber" and the crowd would love me.

The judges:
Steven Tyler: "Clair, you got up there, and you just sang. *shakes beautiful wavy hair* I'm in Aerosmith."
J. Lo: "¡Aye, mamí! Giiirrrrlll, you just made me cry! You keep going, girl. You do your thang, okay?"
Randy: "Yo, dawg. Foreal?? Dawg! Seriously, dawg. Are you foreal right now? Duuuuuude. Dawg. Dawg. Yo. Yo dawg. Yo."

BUT THEN, my opponent takes the stage. This guy, the Holy Spirit (who goes by H0l33 Spizzle on the show) gets up there and sings some R. Kelly "I Believe I Can Fly." By the end of it, the whole crowd is on their feet going crazy over it.

The judges:
Steven Tyler: "....No words, man." *puckers lips*
J. Lo: "....Aye."
Randy: "......Dawg."

I already know the results before Ryan Seacrest and his half beard walk over and tell me that I've lost.

So what's my point? This - The Holy Spirit should have been a member of Boyz 2 Men.

But also this - The Holy Spirit is the ultimate harmonizer with God's perfect will in our lives. That's just one of the many reasons why He sent Him down here to chill with us. When we don't know what to pray, the Holy Spirit's like - "Dude, I got this." And runs (or floats - whichever he be preferrin' these days) up to the Throne Room and tells God - in His perfect and beautiful way - exactly what it is we need. He just lets that sweet falsetto slide right in with God's will.

So don't worry - 'cause when we forget the words to our Heavenly songs - the Holy Spirit is there like a leaflet in a N*Sync CD case.

Kbye.

#Holy[feat.]Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment